Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spotlight Artist: Eolo Perfido


As I looked up ideas for a portrait project I stumbled upon Eolo Perfido, an artist I had bookmarked some time ago, rediscovering Perfido, I just had to start spotlighting artists, composed of artists that I stumble upon (or know) and have to share with everyone.

The images I find most interesting form Perfido’s collection on his website gallery are the first three images shown (arkhee_shout, propaganda_the_beast, and propaganda_mother), the use of surreal, slightly morbid and disturbing subject matter draws me as a viewer into the photograph investigating what props he chooses to use. The placement of all props is noticeably purposeful creating a wonderful composition, especially in propaganda_the_beast. I included two other images that exemplify his commercial work.


arkhee_shout

propaganda_the_beast

propaganda_mother
______________________________________________



portrait_3

metmo

http://www.eoloperfido.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment