Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Friday May 1st 2009

First Friday

May 1st 2009

May Day Parade


I enjoyed seeing more photography this time than ever in the many First Fridays I have been too. Although I was a little surprised by the photography, I really would have expected more from the esteemed VCU Photography department. We talk a lot of game but when it comes to showing our work it was less than amazing. Some one said that it is to be expected when grad students are teaching undergrad that the filtration of less than astonishing work will come through. I feel that perhaps I am being too judgmental too fast, maybe in a different, less bustling setting I could appreciate the photography more, or maybe knowing something more about the process or idea. But as pure images they are less than impacting at first glance.


The entertainment was great for May 1st, mayday, celebrations; weather you agree or even know what the parade was for it was very entertaining. And as always my favorite drummer boy was out serenading us with his awesome music


.



1 comment:

  1. "Some one said that it is to be expected when grad students are teaching undergrad that the filtration of less than astonishing work will come through." ouch! ;)
    And what dare I ask did you think of the GRAD show down the street?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete