Thursday, May 7, 2009

SAMETIME104



SAMETIME104
Ben Hostetter, Morgan Coffer, Rachael Rainer, Amber Bender(ME)

After being really intrigued with Michael Lease's SameTime 7:15, Rachael and I decided after a long Shaffer dinner (Something like three hours talking about how this was a great idea and we should try and see what Michael would think if we did something/exactly the same concept as his project). so we did and that gave rise to starting SAMETIME104 next Rachel and I, decided to pull in two other people. Then came Morgan, and Ben, Morgan like everybody knows is a photo student as well and Ben is my friend that is a English major now but is an artist as well. We needed to think of very dedicated people that could upload constantly.
Uploading constantly, as demanded by both viewers and participants, has proven to be the hardest thing for me, I am very busy and hate sitting behind my computer, and quite honestly it is last on my list some days. But with the help of people saying they keep up or persuasion by everyone involved it is a constant motivation.
Like the Same Time 7:15 group we are finding mixed reviews on the use of captions. As you can tell if you have viewed the blog at all, I hate doing the captions, I think it is distracting and not needed for the most part. But in some images it is very needed.
Another challenge we have all had to face is what to do when we are in the same space for that time every day like a class or work, it has shown to be very challenging but forced us to become more creative at that moment every day especially if we are in the same place, seat, or area.
As far as reviews, it is way harder than it looks, remembering, uploading, and continuing to be spontaneously creative every day is really difficult so for those who have negative things to say I suggest trying it for a year and tell me what you think then.
The project is a direct replica of the project we were introduced to by Michael Lease, but keep in mind we are different people and do different things during the day. So obviously the images will be extremely different.
One thing doing this project has really taught me to do is be more comfortable with pulling out my camera and shooting, I am gradually getting over the insecurity of pulling out my camera in a public place because I have to do it so frequently now.
Overall I truly enjoy this project it is making me more aware of the images I shoot and see thought the day, and the way I choose to shoot different scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment