Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Very General Artists Statement As of May 2009

Very General Artists Statement (revised) As of May 2009

As a photographer I document what I see. As an individual with unique point of views and life experiences I feel no one will relate to things exactly as I do. My photography is not always a documentation of beauty, I would much rather capture the reality of humanity. I find it very important to bring out of the ordinary events to light, to make the viewer think about the world around them. Without dictating to the viewer what they should be thinking, my photographs depict a bold narrative. I choose photography as my form of self expression, a means to have my opinion expressed. By creating images, I hope to express some aspect of my vision that another person might not see or understand on their own. However, if no one ever saw my work I would still have the need to create it. This unrelenting work ethic, and need to create is my way of expression.

1 comment:

  1. Good! I like your ideas, and this just be my preference but, you might run this by some other eyes just to get some input on the overall flow. I just think it could flow a bit better thats all. Also consider tis question, if no one ever saw your photographs what would you get from the images you produce? What do you see in them?
    Good work.
    Hassan

    ReplyDelete